ABOUT THE COMPANY
Periphery Digital Inc. is a fast-paced, bilingual digital marketing and advertising agency founded and based in Vancouver, Canada. We specialize in both English and Chinese digital marketing (strategy and execution).Services include developing paid media strategies to drive leads & conversions and bilingual content and digital assets. We believe that when we take good care of our team, the team takes care of us. As one of the fastest growing companies in Western Canada, we doubled the size of our team and revenue twice in two years through the COVID-19 pandemic — while keeping our whole team on board and making it into The Globe and Mail's Canada's Top Growing Companies list!
As a big picture thinker, the Digital Marketing Manager is accountable for all digital marketing services at Periphery Digital. This includes planning and executing digital campaigns, and strategizing the right channel, for the right client, at the right time. The successful candidate will understand how their work furthers a client's business goals, and strategize accordingly. This role also leads a department of digital marketers, and the successful candidate will provide ongoing support, training, management, and professional development for the team.
The successful candidate will also be expected to support the company’s sales and marketing efforts by participating in client meetings, publishing thought leadership, and leading digital marketing innovations.
Digital Marketing Services:
- Oversee the completion of all digital marketing work and performance for client campaigns, ensuring work is completed on time and to the Periphery standard (which this person will set)
- Monitor the overall quality of our digital campaigns and update our standards to meet and exceed industry standards where applicable
- Manage the internal team and contractor work pipelines and report on risks internally as early as possible. Includes reports and estimates
- Update company leadership on the status of digital marketing campaigns, work estimates, work quality, and timeliness on a regular schedule (scorecard provided)
- Hire, train, and develop the digital team, which includes managing their own recruiting pipeline with support from HR
- Provide ongoing support to team members as needed. This includes hosting regular one-on-one meetings, development/career planning, scheduling, training sessions, and conflict resolution
- Create SOPs to streamline new or improved processes and provide clarity where necessary
- Monitor and coach the team through adjustments to improve cycle times, estimate/actuals accuracy, and overall improvement/development
- Ensure the team is equipped with the necessary software, hardware, and other tools as deemed necessary to complete their work
- Keep abreast of new developments in the digital marketing industry and share them with the digital team (and Periphery Digital in general)
- Participate in client meetings and other business development and/or marketing activities
Other related duties as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert-level knowledge of digital marketing platforms (Google, FB, IG, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snap, TikTok, etc.), digital marketing best practices, and website analytics
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing KPIs, A/B testing, campaign setup & optimization
- Familiarity with ad-design, copywriting, and reporting
- Ability to think critically, solve problems (with minimal supervision), and work in an organized, consistent manner
- Team player — you're willing to step in if team members need help, solve problems and stay positive in challenging situations
- Ability to translate complex problems into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- People-management skills including expectation setting, ongoing coaching, training & development, scheduling, conflict resolution etc.
- 4+ years of experience in a digital marketing or advertising position (using digital marketing platforms, setting up campaigns, optimizing performance, A/B test, etc.)
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proven track record of successfully creating and managing campaigns for clients with six-figure budgets
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience with implementation of tracking, monitoring and management of tags and pixels across multiple campaigns, with tools such as (but not limited to) Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixels"
- Chinese language fluency (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
- Familiarity - or experience in - the real-estate industry
- Experience in an agency environment. Other fast-paced work environments are applicable
Be a part of our team and enjoy:
- Great health benefits — which includes dental care, extended health care, vision care, and wellness credits
- Paid time off — work-life balance is important to us! Work hard and take the time to recharge and relax
- Casual work environment — we dress casual, collaborate a lot, and share a love for furry friends
- Career development opportunities — we push each other to be better and grow together, whether it's enrolling you in professional development courses or attending a webinar together!
- Work-from-home benefits — we want you to transition to work from home as seamlessly as possible, so we got your remote work office expenses covered
- Uber rides and Uber Eats credits? That's on us too
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
A resume! We would love to get to know you more. Do a small introduction of yourself and share your story about your experiences as part of your resume.
Periphery Digital is fully remote at this time with optional (safely) hosted in-person events in or just outside our Yaletown Office.
Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all those who apply and look forward to welcoming a new member to the Periphery team.