Periphery Digital Inc. is a fast-paced, bilingual digital marketing and advertising agency founded and based in Vancouver, Canada. Specializing in both English and Chinese digital strategy and execution, some of our services include developing paid media strategies to drive leads and conversions, and using bilingual content and digital assets to optimize reach and growth. We believe that when we take good care of our team, the team takes care of us. As one of the fastest growing agencies in Western Canada, we doubled the size of our team and revenue twice in two years through the COVID-19 pandemic — while keeping our whole team on board!
We are a team of innovative and hardworking individuals who value the growth of our team members. Being a part of Periphery also means you will receive:
- a competitive salary
- great benefits, including wellness credits
- career development opportunities
- the perk of working in an inclusive and fun, award-winning team!
A self-starter with a client-first mentality and superior attention to detail, the Account Manager nurtures long-term partnerships and generates revenue by creating and managing strategic relationships. With an excellent understanding of our services, digital marketing and clients’ goals, you will craft comprehensive strategies and present opportunities to existing clients.
Working in tandem with a project manager, you will build and manage your own client portfolio. Reporting directly to the Account Director and working alongside our Account Services Team, you are also flexible amidst changing client priorities, timelines, and goals, while capitalizing on opportunities to add value to client-campaigns.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the client and Periphery Digital.
- Lead client meetings including strategy sessions, sales meetings, and performance check-ins.
- Respond to client requests, questions, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Create win-win agreements between Periphery Digital and clients.
- Develop and build positive partnerships with key clients and nurture long-term growth.
- Recommend the ideal digital & media strategy to achieve client goals with a media plan.
- Address client questions with clear recommendations to achieve goals while addressing concerns.
- Understand and utilize industry benchmarks to establish campaign KPIs.
- Proactively address new markets, opportunities, and strategies with reports and presentations.
- Compile and present comprehensive campaign reports to showcase results.
- Collaborate with the sales team in creating RFPs, presentations, and media strategy.
- Create and present campaign pitches to new and existing clients.
- Drive and expand the business by upselling and cross-selling new and existing services.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure that campaigns are executed and client goals are met.
- Coordinate with internal production teams to gather benchmarks and data for reports and presentations.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each team member and be able to tailor your communication style accordingly.
- Motivate the team through great days and rough days.
Process & Administration:
- Manage all deals appropriately in our internal system and CRM.
- Adhere to administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain a high degree of personal organization.
- Develop a firm understanding of the client's industry, brand, marketing strategy, and challenges.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Periphery's services and processes.
Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies within the Chinese market, as well as digital and traditional paid media opportunities in North America.
- Maintain a high level of understanding in digital marketing platforms such as Google Display Network, Facebook, Instagram, Programmatic, WeChat etc., as well as Real Estate.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
*Other related duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in an Account Management role (ideally in an agency setting).
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skills with conflict resolution, question-based discovery, and appropriate diagnosing of client challenges and opportunities.
- Intermediate knowledge of digital marketing, media, and content marketing (WeChat specifically).
- Knowledge of and experience with the Vancouver real-estate market
- Knowledge of and experience with Chinese marketing platforms (WeChat, Red, etc).
- Sales skills and experience are considered an asset.
- Previous agency experience
- Knowledge of the local Real Estate market
- Ability to speak and read Mandarin
Be a part of our team and enjoy:
- Great health benefits — which includes dental care, extended health care, vision care, and wellness credits
- Paid time off — work-life balance is important to us! Work hard and take the time to recharge and relax
- Casual work environment — we dress casual, collaborate a lot, and share a love for furry friends
- Career development opportunities — we push each other to be better and grow together, whether it's enrolling you in professional development courses or attending a webinar together!
- Work-from-home benefits — we want you to transition to work from home as seamlessly as possible, so we got your remote work office expenses covered. Uber rides and Uber Eats credits? That's on us too
Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all those who apply and look forward to welcoming a new member of the Periphery team.
This role includes a base salary and an additional compensation package that will be made available upon the successful completion of the probationary period.
Salary: $50,000 - $75,000 per year (base salary + additional compensation package)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Periphery Digital is fully remote at this time with optional (safely) hosted in-person events in or just outside our Yaletown Office.